The system of education of pupils and students is a structure that changes and improves regularly. Innovation in education can be described as an area related to the practice of good pedagogical practice. Innovations in this field occur regularly because our world is changing area and technologies are improving constantly.
Innovation in education: what is their importance?
The introduction of innovative technologies in education makes it easier for us to control the lessons in schools and universities, to direct them in the vector in which must be done. People from everlasting have feared all that is new and unknown, and, therefore, have denounced any changes. Existing stereotypes are an obstacle to the renewal of all types of education.
People, particularly teachers, actively defend their comfort zone. This explains why many people do not want innovation to be included in education. It is because of this that many teachers and professors do not try to keep up with the times. But these renovations are vital to progress. The latest innovations in education make it possible to achieve an objective level of educational attainment (EDS, e-tests), to study remotely, to use more effective methods of learning new knowledge, etc.
Three methods are used to drive innovation in education and control its usefulness, such as:
- «Concretizing documents». This method consists of experimenting with educational institutions. It involves only one university, school, or kindergarten. After that, its results are carefully compared with a similar institution, which introduced educational innovations. Comparing the data makes it possible to draw up a more or less accurate picture of what is happening in the world education situation.
- «Piecewise implementation». The point is not to change the system as a whole, but to add new elements.
- «Eternal experiment». In this case, the analysis is done in the framework of the long-term perspective.
What difficulties have been identified during the innovation process?
The introduction of innovation into modern education often results in some problems. Among them are the following difficulties:
- The rigidity of teachers. Teachers, especially the old ones, are often afraid to accept any innovations. The point is, they’re afraid of losing stability and that’s why they refuse to change their professional principles.
- Conformism. Teachers are also prone to fear everything new since they are afraid to appear in front of students and colleagues ridiculously.
- Abnormal anxiety. Many professors and teachers are too humility. Because of this, they are afraid to speak out and are thus prevented from openly asking what is happening in the educational sphere.